It is the intention of Stoneguard Projects Ltd that its work will be carried out in accordance with the relevant statutory provisions and all reasonably practicable measures taken to avoid risk to its employees, the environment or others who may be affected.
The Company recognises the benefits of working for a sustainable future, to help achieve this we will work to the following principles;
- Reduction of risk to health, safety and the environment as far as reasonably practicable
- Health, Safety and Environmental good practice are at the forefront of project planning and day to day supervision of the work
- Minimise the impact of our work through the use of products with a balance of lower risk and higher recycled material content where reasonable
- Reducing waste to landfill through waste minimisation, segregation and recycling
- Investment in our staff to improve their competence and awareness
- Engagement with our clients and their local community projects
- Utilisation of local suppliers where possible.
The Board of Directors have appointed Mr N Constantine as having particular responsibility for Health, Safety and Environmental matters and to whom reference should be made in the event of any difficulty arising in the implementation of this Policy.
The directors through Mr N Constantine will ensure that resources are made available to ensure the full implementation of this policy and that other company objectives do not compromise this policy.
All employees and sub-contractors are expected to co-operate with the Company in carrying out this Policy and must ensure that their own work, so far as it reasonably practicable, is carried out without risk to themselves or others. Employees and sub-contractors are authorised to stop work if they reasonably expect it to be unsafe.
The operation of this Policy and Manual will be monitored by the Management and staff of the Company along with an action plan to facilitate continuous improvements for health, safety and environment issues. To assist them in this respect the Company has appointed a Health, Safety & Environment Consultant to advise on the requirements of the relevant statutory provisions and good practice.
This Statement of Company Policy will be displayed prominently at all sites and workplaces.
This Policy will be reviewed at least annually or when current legislation demands.
Mr N Constantine
Managing Director – Stoneguard Projects Ltd